I might be in the minority but I love pulled pork. It’s extremely versatile and definitely clutch when it comes to meal prepping for the week. Normally I will make it in my crockpot but my Dutch oven made it come out way better!
So for Sunday Funday, I made a Mojito Line Jerk Pull Pork with Mango Salsa. Kept it simple with yellow rice and some Green Beans.
For the pork my go to marinade is McCormick’s Mojito Lime marinade. It’s really great, especially when it comes to the particular flavors I was going for today.
Enjoy! And let me know what you think if you try this recipe.
- Herbes Provence
- Salt (a pinch to keep the pork from being super salty)
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1-2 tablespoon Olive Oil (to sear the pork)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder ( Garlic sets it off so I usually add more)
- Red Onions
- Jerk Marinade
- McCormicks Mojito Lime Marinade 3 Thick Cut Boneless Pork Chops
1. In a large pot add the olive oil on medium high heat.
2. Season the pork with the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and jerk marinade. Brown the pork on all sides. Remove from Dutch oven.
3. When the pork is done you can serve as is with the juice on top. But for this recipe I shredded Thee chops once it was super tender.
4. Add another teaspoon of olive oil if needed, and sweat out the red onions. Once done add the pork back, lime mojito marinade and another tablespoon of jerk marinade. Cook in 400 degrees until the pork is fork tender and can be pulled apart.
5. One thing to remember as the marinade reduces you can add a cup of water to to the pork as it cooks.
6. Once the pork is tender and falling apart, remove from the Dutch over and pull apart with two forks. And you should be left with flavor shredded jerk and mojito flavored pork.